Request a copy of a tax return from the IRS Taxpayers can request a copy of a tax return by completing and mailing Form 4506 to the IRS address listed on the form. There’s a $43 fee for each copy and these are available for the current tax year and up to seven years prior.
Can you get copies of your tax returns online?
As part of the federal verification process, you may be required to provide a copy of an IRS Tax Return Transcript to confirm the information filed on your federal tax return. An IRS Tax Return Transcript can be obtained: ONLINE: Visit www.irs.gov.
Is it possible to get a copy of your tax return?
You can also request a transcript by mail by calling our automated phone transcript service at 800-908-9946. Visit our Get Transcript frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information.
Can I access my IRS records online?
You can access your federal tax account through a secure login at IRS.gov/account. View the amount you owe, along with details of your balance, your payment history, tax records, and key tax return information from your most recent tax return as originally filed.
Where can I find my 2019 tax return?
Order a Transcript
- Online Using Get Transcript. They can use Get Transcript Online on IRS.gov to view, print or download a copy of all transcript types.
- By phone. The number is 800-908-9946.
- By mail. Taxpayers can complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail.
How can I get a copy of my 2019 tax return?
More In News
- Order Online. The fastest way to get a Tax Return or Account transcript is through the ‘Get Transcript’ tool available on IRS.gov.
- Order by phone. You can also order by phone at 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts.
- Order by mail.
Are tax returns public record?
No, tax forms are not public record. They are private information. Tax forms contain confidential information and are not meant to be shared. Information from a tax form can only be revealed to certain persons if there is some legal need to do so—meaning the documents must be necessary to the case.
How can I speak to someone from the IRS?
How to speak directly to an IRS agent
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 during their support hours.
- Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
- Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
- Press 3 for all other questions.