You can quickly request transcripts by using our automated self-help service tools. Please visit us at IRS.gov and click on “Get Transcript of Your Tax Records” under “Tools” or call 1-800-908-9946. If you need a copy of your return, use Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return.
How can I get an old Tax Return transcript?
To get a transcript, taxpayers can:
- Order online. They can use the Get Transcript tool on IRS.gov.
- Order by mail. Taxpayers can use Get Transcript by Mail or call 800-908-9946 to order a tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts.
- Complete and send either 4506-T or 4506T-EZ to the IRS.
How can I get my old tax transcript online immediately?
Order Online. The fastest way to get a Tax Return or Account transcript is through the ‘Get Transcript’ tool available on IRS.gov.
How far back can you get transcripts from the IRS?
You can only get a tax transcript going back three tax years. If you need something older than that, you’ll have to order a copy of your actual filed tax return. You can get one for the current tax year and as far back as six years. To do so, you must complete and mail in IRS Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return.
Can I get a copy of my tax return from 20 years ago?
Prior year tax returns are available from the IRS for a fee. Taxpayers can request a copy of a tax return by completing and mailing Form 4506 to the IRS address listed on the form. There’s a $43 fee for each copy and these are available for the current tax year and up to seven years prior.
Can I get tax transcripts from 10 years ago?
Tax return and record of account transcripts are only available for the current tax year and three prior tax years when using Get Transcript Online.
How do I check the status of a prior year tax return?
You can call 1-800-829-1040 do not select Option 1 (refund). Select the option for personal tax return and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update.
How can I get a tax transcript without a credit card?
If your previous year tax returns are not available, you can use the IRS Get Transcript tool. Try the online option first. If you are unable to obtain the transcript online, you can have one sent to the address the IRS has on record for you. You can find IRS Get Transcript here.
How do I get my old tax returns from TurboTax?
How to get copies of past years tax returns
- Sign into your TurboTax account (if not already)
- Click on My TurboTax (click on My Tax Timeline in the drop down menu)
- Scroll down where is says “Prior Year Return(s)” click on Load My Tax Timeline.
- On the Tax Timeline screen, click the tax year you need.
How do I get a copy of my 2012 tax return?
To request either transcript online, go to www.IRS.gov and look for our new online tool, Order a Transcript. To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts in the recorded message.
How do I get my last 5 years tax returns?
Order a Transcript
- Online Using Get Transcript. They can use Get Transcript Online on IRS.gov to view, print or download a copy of all transcript types.
- By phone. The number is 800-908-9946.
- By mail. Taxpayers can complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail.
Can I view my tax return online?
Use the Where’s My Refund tool or the IRS2Go mobile app to check your refund online. This is the fastest and easiest way to track your refund. The systems are updated once every 24 hours. You can call the IRS to check on the status of your refund.